ForumSite RulesFAQUserCPNew PostsCalendarForum ActionsMark Forums ReadPrivate MessagesQuick LinksToday's PostsView Site LeadersWho's OnlineImage GalleryReviewsNewsShopCouponsDealsAdd OnsVideosBusiness
ForumNotebook ManufacturersAlienwareAlienware M17x AC adapter not recognised #tg-reg-ad {width: 100%;height: 300px;margin: 0px auto;text-align: top;float: left;}#ad-float-left {height: 250px;float: left;padding-right:13px;/*padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;*/}#ad-float-right {height: 250px;float: right;width: 300px;/*padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;*/}#register-copy {height: 50px;width: 100%;margin-left: auto;margin-right: auto;margin-bottom: 40px;text-align: center;padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;}
+ Reply to ThreadResults 1 to 1 of 1 Thread: AC adapter not recognisedBookmark & Share
LinkBack URL Add Thread to del.icio.usTweet this threadShare on FacebookReddit!Google+StumbleUponThread ToolsShow Printable VersionSubscribe to this Thread…Search Thread Advanced SearchToday, 05:16 PM#1Retro_UK
Notebook Guru
Join Date Apr 2013Location Manchester, U.KPosts 71Rep Power 1 Had this message pop up a couple of times this past week on my R4 and am not happy about it to be honest.
I've had a search through these forums and found posts/threads dating back to at least 2010 - with people having said back then that Dell claimed it was a bios issue and that A06 fixed the it.
Well, my machine is maybe 3 months old now and is on bios A11. What disappoints is that clearly, whatever fixes were mentioned back then, haven't been fixed at all? How can this be? How can three years have passed and machine still have the same errors with a power supply? The mind boggles on machines as expensive as these.
Heck, I've even seen people say Dell recommended a motherboard replacement. My machine is 3 months old, I certainly don't want the whole thing pulled apart and put back together again if that can be avoided. I think it was someone on this forum saying that the tech guy Dell sent, didn't even know which screws went where when he put the laptop back together!!!
Has there been any news on exactly what causes this? (I certainly can't find any conclusive fixes mentioned anywhere)
I know if it continues there is a possibility it is the power supply and nothing more - but that seems unlikely from all the googling I've been doing. But already I'm at the stage where I dread switching it on each day just in case.
Oh and I don't have the battery connected to my machine. I use it on a small desk in the bedroom and use it solely on the mains charger, so taking off the battery, plugging it back on etc isn't a fix I can try. So far at least, I am just having to switch it off, disconnect the adapter, unplug from the mains, and then cross my fingers that it works.
Share this post on
Del.icio.us
Twitter
Google+
Reply With Quote «Previous Thread|Next Thread»Similar Threads Dead GPU? By kreda in forum Alienware M17x Replies: 10 Last Post: 7th July 2010, 10:29 AM DELL AC adapter not recognized after repairing it By xecute in forum Dell XPS and Studio XPS Replies: 5 Last Post: 20th July 2009, 09:26 PM Dell 1555: Your AC was not recognised? By ryesher in forum Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio Replies: 6 Last Post: 2nd July 2009, 10:32 AM Question for M6400 Users + AC adapter Bios Error By anhkieu in forum Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision Replies: 7 Last Post: 16th January 2009, 01:59 AM Dell Vostro 1510 AC adapter question, 60W or 90W? By duke_stix in forum Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision Replies: 13 Last Post: 8th January 2009, 04:08 PM
Posting PermissionsYou may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your posts BB code is OnSmilies are On[IMG] code is On[VIDEO] code is OnHTML code is OnTrackbacks are OffPingbacks are OffRefbacks are OnForum Rules #content_container{width:100%;float:left;margin-right:-323px;padding:10px 0}#content_container.contentright{float:right;margin-right:0;margin-left:-323px}#sidebar_container{float:right;width:303px;padding:17px 0 !important;margin-bottom:3em}#sidebar_button{display:none;margin-top:40px;float:left;margin-left:-28px;_margin:40px 0 0 0;_display:inline-block}#sidebar_button{float:right;margin-right:-28px}.sidebarleft #sidebar_button{float:left;margin-left:-28px;margin-right:0}

Most Active Threads
T440s up on Lenovo website (IPS...Last Post By ibmthink (266 replies)Today, 05:54 PM in Lenovo
Today, 05:57 PM in Off Topic
23rd July 2013, 06:09 AM in Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges
I must be getting old, I like my...Last Post By Meaker (178 replies)23rd July 2013, 02:17 PM in Alienware M18x
Today, 05:07 PM in Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges
MSI GT60 2OD Review
HP EliteBook Revolve 810 Review
Alienware 17 Review
Samsung ATIV Book 9 Review
New Forum ThreadsToday, 06:04 PM in Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Flash Storage
Today, 05:59 PM in Alienware M17x
Lightweight, 14", long battery... Posted By jrink (0 replies)Today, 05:49 PM in What Notebook Should I Buy?
Which is better to install on Win... Posted By Intel d00d (0 replies)Today, 05:28 PM in Windows OS and Software
AC adapter not recognised Posted By Retro_UK (0 replies)Today, 05:16 PM in Alienware M17x
**New** What are the Best Digital Cameras?
**New** What are the Best Smartphones?
Moms, Dads, & Grads 2013 Buyers Guide
TopContact UsTechnology GuideNotebook ReviewsSmartphone ReviewsDigital Camera ReviewsDesktop ReviewsPrinter ReviewsTablet Reviews
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 TechTarget publishes more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial to the jobs of IT pros.
TechTarget Corporate Web Site | About Us | Advertising | Media Kit | Site Map | Contact Us | Submit Review | RSS Feeds | Jobs
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2012, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement
Results 1 to 1 of 1 Thread: AC adapter not recognisedBookmark & Share
No comments:
Post a Comment